Primary 1 Mrs Middleton
Welcome to P1!
We had so much fun at Crumlin Fire station! We learned all about staying safe in our home and what to do if we see a fire. The firefighters showed us all the equipment they use and they even let us jump inside their fire engine! It was great fun using the hose to squirt water as well! There are lots of boys and girls in P1 who want to be firefighters when they grow up!
Check out our brilliant clay hedgehogs and hedgehog homes! We wanted to help the hedgehogs so we made a cosy home for them using lots of materials. We had a brilliant time making them and learning from one another!
November and December
Here are some photos from earlier in the year....
Have a look at our Webpage to see what we have been up to through the year in P1 : )
What a busy start it has been to our new term - All the P1s have settled really well into their new school and everyone is enjoying making new friends!
Article 15- You have the right to choose your own friends
Our topic for September/October - 'I'm Special'
Article 7 - All children have the right to an identity
Here we are painting ourselves during play.
We also decorated our own names
Look at our lovely work!
We have been busy making paper plate faces of ourselves
In Numeracy we have being busy making repeating patterns
We have also been doing lots of sorting and matching activities
Here we are sorting the compare bears according to size
We sorted objects by colour
In Literacy we are developing book handling skills and developing pen control
We also met our P7 Reading Buddies : )
The World Around Us
We have been learning all about Autumn
Look at the lovely Autumn trees we made : )
Some dates for your diary:
Baseline Interviews are still continuing with Mrs Middleton - Please remember to check your appointment time that you have been sent or contact the school office if you are unsure. Remember you should bring along your information sheet that you have been sent also. Please fill this in before coming to the interview.
8th September - the whole class come to school 9-2 p.m- From this date onwards everyone will be in school full-time.
2nd October - School is closed
8th & 9th October - Mrs Middleton will be carrying out Parent/teacher consultations (9 - 3 p.m.)
19th October - You are welcome to join us for our Harvest assembly. P1s will be performing on stage : ) This should take place at 9.30 - 10.15 a.m. More details to follow closer to the time.
- Please send into school over the next few weeks any good-sized empty shoeboxes you may have at home. We will be needing these for 'The Shoebox Appeal'. It would be really helpful if you could wrap these in Christmas paper before sending them in : ) - Lids to be wrapped separately.
- Homework will be starting soon - keep checking your child's folder to keep up to date!
- Our topic for September/October is 'I'm Special' - We will be learning all about ourselves, parts of the body and we will be talking about our families and friends. In Literacy we will be beginning to learn phonic sounds and how we can blend these to read words. We will be starting with 's, a & t'. We are also focusing on holding a pencil correctly and will be doing lots of work on developing our fine-motor skills. Keep practising scissor control at home! In Numeracy we are doing lots of sorting and matching and work on pattern. We are also doing lots of oral counting and will be learning to recognise numbers.
- If you haven't already, please join our closed Facebook group as I will be putting up lots of photos of the P1s hard at work! It also helps keep you up to date with important reminders of life in school.
- Please consider joining our P.T.A - we really need new members and everybody is welcome! You will be kept informed of when the first meeting is due to take place and we would love to see you there : )